animating a group conversation

Hi, Animators,

I am working on a small animation (3 min) and it is a conversation between 3 characters but there will be 5 characters on the scene the other 2 will not speak. I think I have an idea on how to setup the scene but this would be my first animation.

I am worried about importing the sound (voice) for all 3 characters. For sure I will import each dialog individually for each of the three characters. But since these characters are engaged in a conversation what would be the best way to set it up? For example let say character 1 starts with his dialog then character 2 interrupts him and says something (there is a lot of back and forth in the conversation). I greatly appreciate any tips or ideas on how to achieve this. Thank you for your time!

PLAN PLAN PLAN.

Sketch it out before you do it properly so you can play with the pacing.

It will make your work at least 10 times better than if you just go for it.

I find that animating is easier if I have the audio recorded and paced how you want the scene to flow before even opening Animate.

I figured something like that had to be done. Thank you both for your responses and your time…

will let you know how it goes

:-\

Lilly,

Thank you for your response. I will try to play with the timing first… I am thinking that I can also animate the scene in parts and then edit in post… I em exited to this… I am working on the sketching part as suggested by TheRaider and then will do the scene this weekend… you’ll see the outcome.

Just so you know you can also import the sound then drag and drop the lines of dialogue after you have imported them. For example if you have one soundtrack that has all of one character’s lines, you can import that sound into the scene, then drag and drop each line to where it belongs. But this can be more time-consuming than just setting up the timing ahead of time.

You can try it out either way to see what will work for you. :slight_smile:

~Lilly