Animate Wishlist

Show Gaps and Paint Inside color would be totally awesome to have. I was looking for that option… yesterday :slight_smile:

Yeah Man,

I am running Animate Pro 2 and the 3D planes are awesome.

The colour coding is also a great way to quickly navigate a large scene and would definitely help!

Finally, I totally agree with the compatibility issues here. As a freelance animator, I rely on the ability to work with both larger studio’s that have Harmony, but also with smaller ones that might only have a copy of Animate.
I am able to bring work from Harmony into Animate Pro 2, but not the other way around. A quick fix in my opinion would be to just allow template files to at least be transferred between the different editions of what is the same company software.

If you are a freelancer and you have Animate Pro for example. If you download standard animate you can load that as well with the licence. So if you had a client who required an standard Animate file you could do you work in that to avoid issues.

Just something i noticed that might help :slight_smile:

what is a 3d package. and what does it do for Animate?

A 3D package is something like blender, 3dmax or Maya.

With harmony apparently you can import 3D objects from some of these packages.

Some people use the 3D packages to make a background in 3D then import the video and overlay the characters (just using animate for the characters).

i agree with you. a little back you said if they could rotate planes in animate you’d be happy. i would be happy to, because that is the only feature that i want from pro. the same goes for me, (besides 3D sterescopic, but i don’t expect that to come for Animate anytime soon).

Animate can do 3D stereoscopic. I plan to do a tutorial on it sometime (reasonably soon). The ability has been there in version 1 as well, just nobody was really interested in it back then. So that is something you don’t have to wish for. It is there.

Even with 3D objects you don’t want to be rotating much in stereoscopic cause your characters won’t be in 3D so you will get warping (unless you make them camera facing, which could result in them looking stationary with the room moving). The multiplane is where the bulk of the effect comes from.