Animate Transform tool - transforming drawings and frames

Hey guys, I really hope this problem isn’t something really stupid on my part, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s wrong. I made a video below to better explain, since I figured it’s hard to just explain in words here. But I’ll try anyway for clarification.

I’m basically trying to animate a ball squash or stretch. I have 3 drawings, a normal ball position, a squash position, and a stretch position. Instead of making more in-between drawings, I’m trying to use the Animate Transform tool to transform from the normal position to the squash position, in say 3 or 4 frames. However, instead of transforming the one frame/cell of that drawing, it’s transforming and resizing the other drawings on the other frames as well. Sometimes I can get it to not do that, but as far as I can tell there’s no consistency, and I’m not really sure what I’m doing wrong.

This seems like something that should be easy, but for some reason for me, it’s not… Hopefully someone can help me!

Here’s a quick video that will hopefully explain it better than I did here.
http://vimeo.com/28995485

This is normal. In Animate, drawings and keyframes are separate entities. This is totally different from the way that Flash works, where every time you have a new drawing, you have to have a new keyframe.

Having drawings and keyframes separate is a really good thing because it means you can just set a couple of keyframes, say to make an arc on a hand motion, and then you can swap the drawings without interfering with your keyframes.

But you need to be aware of this so that if you want to place some images later on in your timeline, and you want to hold their position, then you should set a keyframe at that position to keep it where it is.

It takes a little getting used to but once you understand how it works it actually makes life much, much easier.

~Lilly