Animate Shortcut pdf

Is there a printable PDF for the Animate shortcut keys?
I found a Flash set online, but I’m looking for the ToonBoom Harmony/digital Pro set.
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

There is no official printable PDF for shortcuts in Animate Pro, however I can make available to you a list of shortcuts from Harmony. 80% of the shortcuts should be the same - so at least it will get you most of the way there. If there are differences then you can take note of them in the “Custom” column.

Please download the PDF from the following location:

http://fileshare.toonboom.com/weblinks/?id=3cec07e9ba5f5bb252d13f5f431e4bbb&filename=harmony_stage_keyboardshortcuts.pdf

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

The shortcuts for Animate are stored in an XML file called shortcuts.xml

In Windows, the path to the file is: “C:\Program Files\Toon Boom Animation\Animate Pro\resources"

You can print out the contents of the file using XSL. First, copy the shortcuts.xml file to a new folder.

Open Notepad and paste the following XML:

<xsl:stylesheet version=“1.0"
xmlns:xsl=“http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform”>
<xsl:template match=”/”>

Shortcuts

<xsl:for-each select=“shortcuts/category/shortcut”>

<xsl:for-each select=“valueList”>
<xsl:sort select="@flavour"/>

</xsl:for-each>

</xsl:for-each>
Key Description Default Shortcut Template Shortcut Template Shortcut Template Shortcut
<xsl:value-of select="@text"/> <xsl:value-of select="@longDesc"/> <xsl:value-of select="@value"/> <xsl:value-of select="@flavour"/> <xsl:value-of select="@value"/>

</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Save the file as “shortcuts.xsl” in the folder that contains the copy of “shortcuts.xlm”

Now, open the copy of the “shortcuts.xml” file. The first line in the file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Insert the following on the next line:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="shortcuts.xsl"?>

Save the file.

Now when you open the “shortcuts.xml” file in Internet Explorer, IE will use the style sheet and format the output, placing the shortcuts in a table. An advantage to rolling your own is if you decide to seriously customize the shortcuts in Animate you can easily document the changes. :smiley: