Animate Pro palette switching

Hi!
I was wondering if it is possible to switch palettes in the middle of a scene. I have a shot of a character walking into a darkened room and the lights get flipped on. I would love to be able to switch from my palette of darkened colors to the full color palette as that happens. I can render the scene twice (once with each palette) and cut them together, but I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution.

Thanks for any insight!
Sandy

I’m sure Toon Boom used to have a tutorial up for exactly that but I can’t find it now… Maybe I imagined it. :S

Anyway, I’ve used the colour scale module before for changing colours of an odd few objects (but never a whole scene). Maybe plug everything into one or a small number of composites and run the composites through colour scales?

http://docs.toonboom.com/help/animate-pro/#HAR/Stage/019_Effects/050_H2_Colour_Scale_.html

Thanks for the reply! That’s an interesting idea to use color scale. I’ll look into it, but I’m not sure it will do what I want to do as I do not want to do overall color adjustments, but change specific colors in specific ways. But I will definitely play around with it.
Thanks for the info!
Sandy