Animate Pro 2 service pack

Hi,

I just received an email notification from ToonBoom that a new service pack is available for Animate Pro 2 users. It says that depending on which version I own I can download this new version for free from the My Products page.

I went to the My Product page and I see that there is a Animate Pro 2 available for download. But it’s always been there, anyway.

So, how do I know if the Animate Pro 2 that is available for download on my My Products page is the newer version?

thanks…

yes that is the updated version. Just replaced the old version with the new one on your links.

Lucky one, I didn’t get any email notification from ToonBoom that a new service pack is available.
I found this information at the blog http://betterflashanimation.com/

Would be nice to wrote a version-number behind the download-files so everybody can see if this is a newer version or not.

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the file and tried to install but I get weird error messages.

First it says:

Item “Toon Boom Animate Pro 2” could not be moved because “Applications” cannot be modified.

I have option to “cancel” or "authenticate. I click on "authenticate."

Next, a popup window says:

A newer item names “Toon Boom Animate Pro 2” already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the older one you are moving?

I have the option to “stop” or “replace.” I clicked “replace” anyway, just to see what happens.

Then I get another error message that the operation could not be completed because I don’t have sufficient privileges for some of the items.

I install software on my computer all the time and I’ve never encountered these kinds of error messages.

Any ideas?

I am using Mac OX 10.5.9.

Yes, I am logged in as administrator.

As explained, I do software updates and installs all the time and have not encountered similar problems in the past.

Any ideas?

Hi Lilly,

I didn’t drag the existing version into the trash.

However, the most puzzling is the message that says:

A newer item names “Toon Boom Animate Pro 2” already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the older one you are moving?

How can the existing version that’s already installed on my HD be a newer version?

I don’t really want to delete what’s already on my HD if the computer tells me that it’s a newer version. Perhaps the link on my download page is incorrect and as a result I am downloading an older version.

I guess I should send an email to support, as you suggested. I was simply posting on the forum because I thought it’d be resolved here.

What operating system are you running? Are you logged in as an administrator?

You can always email support@toonboom.com for help with these issues.

~Lilly

Did you drag the old Animate Pro 2 into the trash before you tried to install the new version? Or did you try to just install the new one on top of the old one?

Did you email support@toonboom.com?

~Lilly

You need to uninstall the old version before installing the new version, since they are the same program. It’s safer to uninstall first rather than to replace. As to the “newer” version dialog - I will verify here why that could be occurring.

~Lilly

Just double-check and re-download the version from the website to make sure that you have the new version. However it can also happen that some configuration files in your installed version could have been modified, and this would then “tag” the file as being newer. Does this make sense?

~Lilly