Animate Pro 2 A question...

Hey… I have a question about animate pro 2:

Why can’t i install the AnimatePro_AnimationCharts_Packs?
I have installed in same way that in animate pro 1, but it does not appears in the library

Hi,

The Animation Chart needed to be updated independently. It should be done shortly (if not already done).

Best regards,

Ugo

So should I re-download the charts and fx’s templates on the eLearning page? Have they been updated for AP2?

Hi,

You can download them now and proceed through the installation. They should now install in the right location and be updated for your version of Animate Pro.

Best regards,

Ugo

I tried to get one working and couldn’t.

Could anyone else get it working?

When i tried to install it said it couldn’t find it so i put the path in manually and when i loaded animate pro i couldn’t see it in the library.

Hi,

Which version of Animate are you trying to install the package to and which OS are you installing it o (XP, Vista/Win7 or OSX). The paths are different for each of the packages. Take note that the packages are no longer installed in the application folder has this folder is given limited access in the latest versions of Window, causing read and write issue when modifying the templates. Therefore they are now read by default in the shared user Documents folder under Windows OS. Knowing which exact OS you have will allow me to provide you the exact location the patch should be applied to.

Best regards,

Ugo

It worked for me. I’m using a Mac, OSX 10.5.8 and when I tried to install the charts, it said it could not find the application so I directed it there manually. They installed fine on my computer and can be found in my library in Animate Pro 2.

For anyone who hasn’t installed the charts, effects etc before and isn’t sure where to find them, make sure you don’t just click on the Templates folder in the library. You have to expand the folder by clicking on the arrow next to the Templates folder, and then you will see the folders labelled Animation Charts, Effects, Samples etc.

Windows 7

So basically i need to find animate2’s shared documents folder to install too?

Hi,

The template folder should be the following on Windows 7:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate 2

Take note that by browsing the Document folder will show has Public Documents (windows is swapping the name which can mislead users, has the real physical path is really Documents). If the rest of the folder structure does not exist you should create it and then point to the Toon Boom Animate 2 folder you have just created. The software should automatically load the templates in the software once they are located there.

Best regards,

Ugo