Animate and Windows 8 drawing issues

I just installed Windows 8 on my home built PC. I was running Animate on my previous OS (XP) without a problem. But Windows 8 has a serious issue when drawing on the stage. It’s hard to explain but the lines do not keep up with the cursor - dreadfully slow. I may need to update video card drivers but I shouldn’t think that would be the issue. Anyone else on the cutting edge of Windows?

SOLVED
After a stubborn hour of experimenting I discovered that my problem was that I was running dual monitors - one being 24" Dell and the other a 21" Cintiq. The Cintiq was the 2nd monitor and Windows 8 didn’t like that. So I disconnected the first monitor and now use just the Cintiq and Animate performs flawlessly.

Hey, I don’t use cintiq but have an Intuos 4 and am also using two monitors.

Don’t know if it’s the same for cintiq, but in the driver options for intuos, you can change the mapping of the tablet, i.e. what area does the tablet cover.

Since I draw only on one monitor, while i have timeline and other options on the second one, I mapped my tablet only to the first monitor. That way, my tablet and pen work only on one monitor, flawlessly.

p.s. I’m using win7, so I doubt the OS is causing that :slight_smile:

I’ve had similar setups as well with Intuos 3, 4 and 5 with dual monitors - setting the mapping of the tablet to use just one monitor is crucial.