Animate 3 supported operating system (Mac)

According to the specs, Animate 3 requires Mac OsX 10.7 or 10.8. Any chance you can get it working on Snow Leopard ( 10.6.8 ) ?

GG

It does not support 10.6 from the hardware spect at https://www.toonboom.com/products/animate-pro/tech-specs

Trial version working very well on 10.6.8. so I think full version TBA3(PRO) should works too.

Animate Pro 3 from what i have read is designed with 64bit core technology in mind. If you are running 10.6 there’s a good chance you could be running the old PowerPC rather than Intel processor.

For stability and speed and making good use of the 64bit architecture then things would run smoother on an Intel Mac, probably doesn’t mean it wont run, just ‘not recommended’ and you wont be getting the best from the software.

Toonist | Animate Pro User | Apple Mac Addict

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.youtube.com/user/Illustriate
www.facebook.com/drawmill
www.drawmill.com

Right, I forgot add you should to have a Mac with Intel processor

has anyone got Animate Pro 3 running on Mavericks? Any issues?

Hi dessiebabe,

Animate pro 2 actually ( in my opinion) is oddly more stable on Mavericks than ever, so that’s great ! :smiley: Doesn’t answer your question of course, but thought i would throw that out there :stuck_out_tongue:

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.drawmill.com

So does that mean that my copy of Animate 2 will work in Mavericks?

I’ve got an iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo currently running OSX 10.6.8. I’m not sure I want to upgrade my OS if Animate 2 won’t work in it.

Hi seance,

I have been running Mavericks since release day and have spent countless hours in Animate Pro 2. Seems better than ever :smiley:

I am running the i5 processor…

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.drawmill.com

It is not clear what you are referring to but the furthest PowerPC support went on OS X was Leopard 10.5.8.