Animate 2 Templates?

I’ve downloaded Animate 2, opened existing Animate projects. Everything seems to look ok. When I look in the library in the Symbols folder my existing symbols are there. When I look in the Animate Library Folder there’s nothing. I am expecting to see templates I’ve created in that folder, they’re not their. How can I access templates I’ve created in Animate(1)?

You’ll have to locate the Animate Library folder. On my Macintosh, I found mine in my User directory -->Documents → ToonBoom Animate Library.

I don’t know what it would be under Windows.

Anyway, once you’ve located your Library folder, open up Animate (you can create a new document, or open an existing one) and then open up the Library window. On the left side of that window is a list of Libraries you can access (Symbols, Animate Library, Local, Templates, etc). In a blank area of that section, right click and from the contextual menu, choose “Open Library” and in the chooser window, navigate to the location of your Library Window. Click once on that folder and then click on the “Choose” button. Once the dialog box goes bye-bye, you’ll notice a bright and shiny new library folder, with your folder’s name appended with a “.localized” – you can then right click on it and choose “Right to Modify” and add more folders and templates within it.

hope this works for you!

Thanks Mike, that did the trick. I really should have been able to figure this out. I guess I’m a little excited about using Animate 2 and not willing to calm down. I know that things like this will need to be done. Thanks again.

yeah, I think we’re all a bit excited about v2. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad you got the template issues worked out. btw, in the e-learning section, there’s the Sunrise/Sunset template modified to work only with Animate 2.