Animate 2 3d?

Hi, recently purchased Animate 2 and in the user guide sounds like the 3d scene setup where you can actually spin the camera is only for animate pro? is this true or can i use this in animate 2?

Animate 2 can move drawings in the z axis but can’t rotate in the z axis.

Animate pro 2 can move drawings in the z axis and rotate in the z axis.

So basically in animate you can move your layers to different depths but in pro you can rotate them to create simple objects like boxes

I think it was the same question as the other forum so i copy and pasted :smiley:

Also the same is true with respect to the camera. You can move the camera by attaching it to a peg but the only direction that you can rotate it in is the z axis.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

is there any way to fake the effect

You could try using the Quadmap layer to animate the elements individually over time but you would need to do this for each drawing layer in your scene.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

what exactly do you mean by this? is there a visual way you could show me?
thanks ;D

I think you should just run a test with several elements. To use a Quadmap layer simply add the Quadmap then with that layer selected go to View > Show > Control. Now you will be able to animate the corner points using the transform tool. For more information on the Quadmap refer to the User Guide.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support