Affinity Design?

Hi:

Is anyone using Affinity Designer for their vector work? I am trying out the demo 10 day fully functioning.
And so far find it very useful. It’s £29.99 (App Store) https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/
Can’t decide if I want this or I should stick with Inkscape (X-11 Quartz)I don’t care for X-11 and AD loads a lot faster.
They AD also have an active forum. So That’s my question.

thanks,

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.
References:

Howdy, even though I use Photoshop and Illustrator, I do have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo and I really enjoy using both. Do they have ALL the features of Adobe’s apps? No, but there is something to be said for having an app that does not feel so damn bloated with every possible feature and function regardless of whether they are useful or not. That is how I feel most of the time when I open Photoshop and Illustrator anymore.

Affinity is pretty fast and nimble, even on older hardware and they are due to update both apps (Designer and Photo) soon with new features. I don’t know if I will ever be able to completely get rid of my Adobe CC apps but I am really rooting for Serif and their apps. Competition is a good thing. I started out with Macromedia Freehand back in the day and then begrudgingly had to move to Illustrator when Adobe decided they were not going to develop it any further once they bought Macromedia.

I also love Serif’s pricing model. $50 is the usual price, I bought Designer when it was on sale for $40. You get free updates up until the next whole version number. So, you get 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, etc. Then when version 2.0 debuts you would have to buy that again. Say they have 3 versions, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 in a 10 year span, if you buy each version when it is on sale, you might spend $120. If you were to have a monthly Adobe Illustrator CC plan for 10 years that could be as much as $2400.

So, $120 for Affinity Designer or $2400 for Adobe Illustrator over a 10 year span. That is not a small amount of money. Why the money saved could help pay for the yearly Gold or Silver support for Harmony/Storyboard. That is the way I look at it.

nyc women’s clothing stores