adjusting brush size on the fly

Everywhere. I’ve looked everywhere and read even more and found no mention of HOW to DO it. :<br />
I’ve never tried to change the brush size on the fly (an advantage advertised), but today? I needed to. And you won’t be surprised that it’s not mentioned in the documentation.

Please tell me how. Please? Thank you very much. I’d like to think someone else might want to know this, too.

After, literally, an hour of hunting, I decided to try every single keyboard letter. O - O does the trick.

Also, it’s listed in preferences under: Re-SIZE (Pencil, I think)

If you’re searching for ‘change brush size’ or ‘adjust brush size’ you’ll find nothing.

Yes please.

I only read documentation when stuck. I don’t think anyone just sits down and reads it.

Hi,

I had the same problem:how to change the size of a pencil line afterwards.
However, it still doesn’t work following the above directions. I select a pencil line, and using the keyboard short cut O try to adapt it. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for helping!

Marie-Julie

Hi Lilly,

Thanks for your answer. I misunderstood.

I’ve tried what you say before, but somehow it doesn’t work. So if I select the line and adjust it with the slider in the tool properties, nothing happens. I wonder why?

Marie-Julie

Hi Lilly,

I figured it out…I did not use the shortcut ‘o’, but only selected the line while moving the slider instead. :-[

Anyway, it works now!

Marie-Julie

"if you want to change the size of pencil lines that you’ve already done, then select the lines with your Select Tool, then go to your Tool Properties window and you’ll see a section marked Pencil Selection. This has a slider that you can adjust to change the size of the lines."

Hi Lily, I have this problem too, I have been trying my eyes very hard, and unfortunately I don’t see any section marked Pencil Selection in the tool properties for the select tool whatever I do.
(Animate pro 7.9.1)

Finally found the section.
This common need of resetting the pencil size afterwards is not so easy to accomplish if you don’t know the exact procedure - even if you’re told what to do, actually. I wouldn’t call it exactly user friendly.

I think you guys have just saved my life, O is awsome!

I added a Tip and Trick to the Storyboard site that lists some hidden functionalities, I think that I should do the same thing for the Animate line and Harmony, because these little tips can definitely be handy to everyone, and they’re kind of hidden away within the documentation.

~Lilly

The O shortcut is only for changing the size of the current tool that you’re using, for drawings that you are going to draw. If you want to change the size of pencil lines that you’ve already done, then select the lines with your Select Tool, then go to your Tool Properties window and you’ll see a section marked Pencil Selection. This has a slider that you can adjust to change the size of the lines.

~Lilly

There are two types of line, a brush line, and a pencil line. Brush lines are drawn with the brush tool, and pencil lines with your pencil tool. You can’t adjust the width of brush lines after they’ve been drawn. Is it possible that you’re selecting brush lines, not pencil lines?

~Lilly

Thanks for the comment, Robin. We’ll look at making this more user-friendly in the future.

~Lilly