Activation - why no 30 day grace period?

I must say that I am very disappointed that Toonboom has gone the route of opting for product activation.

However, even more disappointing is the fact that they don’t allow you the usual 30 days of grace before having to activate. Even Microsoft and Adobe who sell more expensive software allow you to install and use their software for 30 days before you need to activate it.

My personal circumstances are that I am in the process of upgrading my computer so that it can better run Toonboom Studio, in the meantime I installed it to my existing system eager to try out the new features and make sure the software works OK. I didn’t want to activate it right away as I won’t be keeping it on there for long - I shall be adding a new hard drive and reinstalling the operating system and all of my software, including TBS5 - but thought I could spend 30 days getting to know my way around the software.

It may not be an issue if Toonboom are happy to keep issuing activation codes everytime I move the software to a newer computer, or hard drive or just need to reinstall everything, but if they are going to start quizzing their customers everytime you ask for a third or fourth activation code then I feel that Toonboom have made their software exceedingly inconvenient for their customers to use. Having been a customer since V2 of this product it would be nice to be treated with a little more trust.

It would be interesting to know what other users think of this activation procedure.

Hi,

You could actually download the trial and use it for 30 days. The work you are doing on the trial is fully compatible with the full version of the software.

Also, be aware that there is a possibility to return an activation code to the server to activate it on another machine afterward by using the License Wizard.

Regards,

Ugo