A question about the whole drawing import thing

Hello, I haven’t used ToonBoom yet but I will be upon returning to college. Anyway I’ve spent the summer on an animation which is rendered in dark pencil line, only I remember a guy at college saying it only recognised lines that were completely black like an ink pen. Am I going to have to draw the whole thing again in pen?!

Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Your friend might have meant the when you import your element inside Toon Boom Studio they are transformed to completely black color. When you do import drawing you can even import colored element but everything will be transformed to Black and White. You normally have access to a TWAIN interface that allows you to change the threshold and other parameter to be able to get more or less gray to be transformed to black inside Toon Boom Studio.

I guess that sums it up, if you have other questions feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hey Ugo

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. That’s definitely good news but I’ve just got one more concern. The edges are fairly clean but do you think ToonBoom is likely to pick the pencil-line edges up as noise?

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin,

I would have to see the actual drawing to tell you if you will encounter noise problem upon scan or not. Normally, you would have to test the scanning with multiple setting to see if you can remove the noise. Although, if you want to get a head start before the semester begin you can always try scanning with with the trial version to find what setting are best suited for your drawings.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Ugo