A few questions about animate and storyboard

Hello!

We are currently trying to develop a fast workflow for a small animated series and are thinking about using animate pro and storyboard pro almost exclusively. A few questions came up while looking at the trial versions:

* Is there a way to share libraries between animate and storyboard, for example to just drag and drop character-symbols, made with animate into storyboard panels?

* Is it possible to export a storyboard to animate in anything else than a bitmap sequence? Again just using symbols from the shared library for instance.

* Is it possible to scale symbols in animate without changing the thickness of pencil strokes? I thought I had read somewhere, that this would be one of the differences between animate and animate pro, but i am not sure now that i can’t find it anymore on the homepage or in the ple-version i downloaded.

thanks,
mm

bump

any suggestions how to get these questions answered? mails to info and sales @toonboom.com also stay unanswered.

That was one of my early questions, and as i was told that you cannot share libraries, symbols, rigs,rag, tears, ect. between the 2 programs.

I don’t know if it has changed but from what I understand the next versions should integrate. Seems silly not to have those 2 programs holding hands but it was overlooked somehow.

* Is it possible to scale symbols in animate without changing the thickness of pencil strokes? I thought I had read somewhere, that this would be one of the differences between animate and animate pro, but i am not sure now that i can’t find it anymore on the homepage or in the ple-version i downloaded.

It is not possible to share symbols even between projects within animate - the only thing that you can transfer from one project to another is a template. Whether templates will be available to transfer between storyboard and Animate in the future or not is not known, but can certainly be logged as a feature request.

It is not possible to scale symbols in Animate without changing the thickness of pencil strokes.

To export to Animate from Storyboard, go to File > Export > Toon Boom… and then you can select Digital. It will export individual Digital files for each scene, and you can then open those digital files in Animate.