5-Way Character- Best Way to go about

Hi y’all

I’m using Toon Boom Harmony for an Adventure Game Project. Those of you familiar with the genre might know, that characters in these type of games usually have 8 different Walk Cycles: Front, 3/4 Frontal, Sideways, 3/4 Backwards and Back (some of these are mirrored over, so you only have to create them once).

Now, i’m currently building my Character and even though i’ve got some experience in Rigging in the Software, i’m not quite sure what the best way would be to go about this. It’s probably too complicated to get all five Angles into one rig, but it would be nice, if the Character could at least turn her Head (for example when standing sideways, look over her shoulder with the head from the 3/4 rig etc.).

Since the head is split up in different layers as well (Head Base, Eyes, Lips, Hair), i’m wondering if that might get messy, if i just add ome other Drawing Substitutions… Has anyone any experience in Head Turns for rigged Characters and might have some tips for me? I attached an image of my current Character with all the Drawing Layers for better understanding.

Thanks a ton!

Joel

you are better off using separate rigs, for the head turns you can draw characters heads turn from different angles and save them as templates and then replace the characters heads from the library to the timeline on the characters, you can also make a character head turn loop to save as a template to reuse, see this tutorial at 18:10 https://www.toonboom.com/resources/video-tutorials/video/lip-sync

Exactly what i was looking for, thanks a ton!!