4:3 guide and safety

My client wants to see the 4:3 guide and TV safe on TGA output anyone Know how? I can do it as a PDF, but they want TGA files

The way to do this is to scan a Field Guide so that it has a transparent background and then import the resulting image as a layer in Storyboard - resizing the field guide so that the 12 fields fully take up the space of the
camera (i.e. scene resolution). You could then copy this layer to the library for use in other Storyboard Projects or copy/paste into other panels. The transparent field chart needs to be the top panel in each case in order to be seen.

Then Menu->File->Export To…->Export To Bitmap… (select TGA)

CAN U EXPLAIN ME ABOUT THIS DETAIL,'TV safe on TGA ’ :-\

Hi,

Well basically you need to manually create yourself a TV safe guide in an external software (as a bitmap with a transparent background). Then you simply import that image as the top layer of your storyboard panel.

Unfortunately if you have some camera moves in that scene you may not be able to have the guide follow the camera.

Regards,

Ugo

This is basic stuff. I work on boards with 900 panels… you’re saying the only way to print a TV safe on a PDF is to manually put a scanned image on each panel?

I can view it on screen and the PDF export dialogue even has a check-box to show 3:4 on each panel. Why on earth wouldn’t you include another one for safe area?

Hi,

For the moment there is no automatic feature to show the TV safe zone on the PDF. This should be addressed added in the upcoming release.

Regards.

Ugo

Huzzah!

(any idea when that might be?)

Hi,

No specific date yet. It is currently under development.

Regards,

Ugo

Look like the SP has addressed this one! Which is fantastic! Thanks.