3D objects in Animate Pro

Hello. I am fiddling around with the Animate Pro PLE, and I see that as presented in the “Animate More for Less” tour on YouTube, you can import actual 3D models into Animate Pro, not just compositing your Toon Boom animation with a pre-rendered 3d sequence. Does anyone know how I can import a 3D model file, like a .obj or .3ds format into Toon Boom? If so, what 3D model formats does Animate Pro accept if not the ones that I previously mentioned? Thanks.

Hi,

The importing of 3D objects inside the software has not yet been released so I can’t give you much technical information about yet.

For the moment Animate has the possibility to manipulate your current drawings in the 3D environment, as for the object importing this should be released in the future.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks for the reply, Ugo. But how well will the next version of Animate Pro be able to render 3D objects. Would it be able to at least emulate a painterly style render like was used for the 3D BGs in Tarzan? Thanks.

Hi,

I personally don’t have the technical specs of the upcoming tool I know it will be possible to import 3D objects and manipulate them in the software. As for effects and shading it most likely will be added along though we may know more when we get closer to the release of the module.

Best regards,

Ugo