3D Multi-plane camera - basic, intermediate, advanced - Whats the Difference?

As per the features list page:

http://www.toonboom.com/products/animate/features.php

AND the comparison list:

http://www.toonboom.com/products/compare/compare_animation_software.php

True space - Integrated real-time camera Impressive depth movement on Z-axis.

3D Multi-plane camera - depending on app its either basic, intermediate, advanced. Whats the difference in implementation between all three apps?

Does Animate 2 have the Perspective 3D type view as per this video? I have tried the PLE version and it does, but is the PLE based on the PRO version as opposed to the regular version of Animate?

Are their different implementations of this Multiplane feature for Animate reg v pro & Studio?

Aidan

OK,From what I can see is that the “Multiplane concept” in - Studio is where you can manipulate 2D objects in a top or side view of a scene.- Animate Regular is where you can manipulate 2D objects in a top or side view of a scene AND you have a Perspective 3D app type view for LOOKING ONLY. In perspective View you cannot translate / manipulate the objects- Animate Pro is the same as Animate BUT you can Manipulate objects on the Perspective 3D View - Rotate, translate etc.Would these be the differences??Aidan

Almost correct. In Animate, in the perspective view, you can translate the images wherever you want. You can rotate them as well, but only in that plane (you can rotate in Z only). In Animate Pro you can rotate in X, Y, and Z to get a full 3D setup. I.e. you could build a 3D set by rotating planes.Hope this helps!~LillyToon Boom Support

Hi Lily,"In Animate, in the perspective view, you can translate the images wherever you want. "By that I assume you mean you can “move around” the VIEW of the images you are looking at in 3D Space. BUT you cannot translate the 2D Object item itself in the perspective view on ANY axis. In Animate the perspective view is purely a visual aid tool to see distances of objects on the X Y Z axes? To actually translate the 2D objects you have to use the Side and Top view?Their are no actual 2D Object move, Scale, rotate tools while in perspective view. For this you need the pro version of Animate?Outside of perspective view being a visual aid ( if that is correct ) is it useful for anything else? Can you use the Perspective view to animate the CAMERA through a scene?Aidan

No, that is not what I am saying. With Animate, when I am in the perspective view, when I activate the move tool I can actually move my object. Are you having difficulty getting this to work?The only thing you can’t do in Animate in the perspective view is rotate the object on the x and y axes.Make sure that you have activated the move tool from the Advanced Animation tools menu and give it a shot.~LillyToon Boom Support