3d layer groups not in order?

i drew a multi-plain background for a running scene and noticed when i placed each layer group far apart, it messes up the order.

the order i placed is like this (with the distance i placed to each layers);
Cam – group1 ---- group2 ----- group3 — group4 - group5

and the order i get on cameraview is this;
Cam - group4 - group5 - group3 - group2 - group1

only groups 4,5 are in the right order and the whole thing is showing all messed up on camera. (maybe they are working fine because it’s closer together?)

I’m wondering if placing the layers’ distance closer together is the only solution for this.

Hello,

It sounds like you’re working with layers in a graphical or animation software, and you’re experiencing an issue with the layer order when you place them at different distances from the camera. It’s not entirely clear from your description what software you’re using or the specific context, but I’ll try to provide some general guidance.

When working with multi-plane setups in animation or graphic design, the order of layers matters because it affects how objects appear in relation to one another in the final scene. The layer closest to the camera should appear in front of layers that are farther away.

Here are a few things you can consider:

Z-Order or Layer Order: In many software applications, you can adjust the “Z-order” or layer order explicitly. This allows you to define the stacking order of your layers independently of their physical placement in the scene. Make sure that you have set the correct layer order in your software. It’s possible that the software might not be reading the physical distance, and you need to adjust the layer order manually.

Camera Settings: Check the camera settings in your software. Some software allows you to control how the camera interprets layer distances and applies perspective. Adjusting these settings might help you achieve the desired layer order without having to place them extremely close together.

Scale and Perspective: If possible, consider adjusting the scale and perspective of your layers. Sometimes, altering the scale or camera angle can help maintain the correct layer order even if the physical distance between them changes.

Layer Parenting and Nesting: Depending on the software you’re using, you might be able to group layers together and adjust their stacking order as a group. This can help maintain the correct order of elements within the group while allowing you to control the overall placement of the group.

Test and Iterate: Experiment with different settings and layer arrangements. Test how different distances between layers affect the final composition. This might help you find a balance between the desired layer order and the physical placement.

In general, while adjusting the distance between layers can affect how they appear in the scene, it’s not always the only solution. Take advantage of the software’s features for managing layer order, perspective, and camera settings to achieve the desired result without having to overly compress the layers.

I hope the information may helps you.