3D export

Hey,

I set up a scene with 3D elements in Animate Pro (used the features to rotate my drawings and compose some 3D buildings). However, when I want to export it as SWF, it doesn’t show that part with the 3d/shows it messed up.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

So, there isn’t a way to export it as it is directly to SWF?

Also, I have two more questions:
1. Is there a way to export/adjust SWF that can be imported in Flash for further editing (for example, adding a preloader)? When I import my SWF’s, they don’t import the effects and such. If importing as video I need to decrease quality and resolution to fit it under the online web-portals limits (around 10MB).
2. I tried exporting a FLV. It runs smoothly, but the quality is decreased and pretty bad. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi

I found that I could only add external preloaders to *.swf generated by Animate. This is OK but I found it impossible to use external pre-loaders on submissions to sites such as Newgrounds, since their process doesn’t appear to support it.

I’m still thinking about this. If I find a solution that doesn’t involve CSn, I’ll post.

Bob

You might consider a decompiler to create an .fla file from your .swf. That would let you add your preloader and make any other edits. I have used this one;
http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/

Marty

The problem is that the SWF format is a format developed by Flash, and Flash doesn’t support 3D rotations. When we do an export to SWF, we take the 2D component of the 3D matrix and export that.

~Lilly

1. The only thing that I can think of if you want to cheat the SWF is you could export the 3D bits as a quicktime movie, then import them back in again as a flat plane. But then you lose the lightness of the vector drawings.

Regarding the import into Flash, it’s a limitation in Flash that when you import a SWF you lose a lot of information. This would be true as well if you had created effects directly in Flash, export a SWF, and import the SWF right back in again - it would lose all the data. It’s a little strange that Flash doesn’t support it, but SWF was originally intended to be a publishing format, not an exchange format.

I know that there are people who have had solutions for creating a preloader. There are some apps that you could download to add one. Check out this previous post:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/animate/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=2394;start=msg11203#msg11203

2. Export to FLV. You could try to increase the bitrate.

~Lilly