3D components pop in and out of view.

I’m using Animate Pro 2 V 7.9.1.
I’ve just set up a 3D scene (room with walls, floor, ceiling and some basic furniture). While in Perspective mode and rotating the scene, I find that various components (walls) appear and disappear from view. I’m finding it quite annoying when trying to line up other objects. They also seem to pop in and out of view as I enable/disable other layers ?
Is this normal? Is there some way to overcome this?

Thought I’d provide a link to a short avi clip on Dropbox to demonstrate the problem. Kept quality low to reduce file size.
You will not that as I rotate, the floor and several walls pop in and out. This also happens with other controls such as zoom, and even when enabling or disabling layers.

link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndttlswrowji5qt/Voila_Capture64.avi

Many thanks for responding.
I’m using a bog-standard iMac running Snow Leopard.
Relevant hardware info as follows:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4

The info on the display as follows:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:
Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9583
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B2250F-219
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.219

I have noticed that as I add more elements to the scene, the more and more components drop in and out, and for longer (through larger rotation angles). It might suggest insufficient video RAM, however would like some confirmation on this. Appreciate any help
???

:wink: :smiley: ;D

That did the trick. Thanks Lilly, your blood’s worth bottling.
I’d never have associated “Alternate gradient and cutter” with my problem, however it did the trick.

Kind regards,
Mike.

:smiley: ;D

…a term of appreciation only. No ‘dracularian’ intent :wink:

Hmm that’s not normal to me. When you have a 3D scene that has drawing layers that are directly on top of each other, then sometimes it doesn’t know which layer is in front. But layers that are rotated in space don’t usually appear and disappear like that.

Can you tell me what machine you have? What graphics card? What OS? Are the graphics drivers updated for your OS?

~Lilly

Let me check with the team to see if they have tested this card, and I’ll get back to you!

~Lilly

So I had the team take a look at it. They recommend to turn on an option called “Alternate Gradient and Cutter”. This option can be found in the Preferences, in the OpenGL tab.

~Lilly

Hahaha!!! 8)