3D camera view 'snapshots' as 2D layers

Because I can not draw into a 3D scene, it would be really useful to be able to at least make an easy ‘snapshot’ of a 3D camera view to use as a 2D layer in a new scene…so we can add new drawing layers over it. Our 3D elements are mostly simplified interior sets. Without at least some kind of work around to adding new drawing to the 3D sets , we will not be able to justify using TB Stbd Pro 3D for our new season storyboards. …too bad because I like everything else and it worked really well on our other production…any thoughts on a ‘workaround’?http://cloudbreadandfriends.blogspot.com/

That was it…Thanks So Much!

I don’t understand why you can’t draw on 2D in your 3D scene. I wonder if there’s something odd going on with your workflow…

What you need to do is you need to have (or create) a new layer to draw in. Then you need to click on the Look At Selected button in your Stage View status bar to snap the view to the drawing layer so that you can draw in it. Once you draw in it, you can reposition it in your 3D scene with the First Frame or Last Frame tools.

Were you perhaps not clicking on Look At Selected? It doesn’t let you draw on drawing layers when you’re not perpendicular to them.

~Lilly