2d/3d integration

What happen with the 2/3d integration. I thought the new program would let you import files that were 3d like Autodesk Maya. >:(

Hi,

The 2D/3D module will be released afterward.

Regards,

Ugo

What software is this on then ?

Hi,

The module is still under work so we cannot yet define which specific branding it will be available for.

Regards,

Ugo

Ugo, you raise an important point in your last comments. I am currently considering upgrading from Animate to Animate Pro PRIMARILY for the improvement in effects and full 3D stage capabilities. I don’t expect to have the full capabilities of something like After Effects (for 3D and effects) or Shake (for effects and compositing) but I would like to be able to get some of that capability within Animate Pro without going out to another program.

I find the upgrade price (even considering the substantial discount) to be pretty steep in terms of my own budget. If the additional module to give Animate Pro a real 3D capability is going to be an additional cost, that is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Do you expect this to be an additional cost item or a complimentary upgrade for registered users?

On a related question, there is a very intriguing point in the Animate Pro literature about an “external node” to perform additional effects with external programs. I don’t find any additional info about this on the site. Can you elaborate? Might this be a hook to one or more of the CS4 apps like PS Extended or After Effects? Maybe for 3D? It would even be handy to have a “hot link” with Swift3D so that changes there will update within Animate Pro.

Sorry to run on. You have an intriguing new product here and “enquiring minds want to know.” Thanks, Bob

Hi,

Animate Pro will be packaged with the 3D aspect that is shown in the demo of the software so far (basically the environment is in full 3D). This aspect of the software is fully covered inside the launch version of Animate Pro.

The previous question was more about the import of 3D models from external application. At the moment, since the 3D import module is still under development the market approach for it has not yet been defined.

As for the External module, basically any software that can be launched and manipulated through command line can be used to add special effect to your Animate Pro scenes. ImageMagick is an example of software that can be used to add special effect but if you do have the knowledge to launch other software and execute specific task through command line you can use them to add effects to your Animate Pro projects.

Also, without having to go to the External modules be aware that there is a good amount of effects available inside of the Animate Pro package and the access to the network gives much more compositing possibilities.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks, Ugo, for the quick and useful reply. All the best with your coming rollout of AnimatePro. Bob