2 leg run cycle

i used to make 2 leg cut out walkcycle , which are pretty much better but now i am trying to make 2 leg run cycle , here i am getting output which is much stiff and robotic ,i dont know where am i doing mistake , i followed the exactly same procedure as i made walkcycle , 17 frames animation single cycle with 4 main key frames and i did further tuning also , where the problem lies i couldnt figure out , should i insert more frames in this runcycle or make is smooth and realistic?

can you show us the result?
cheers,
rob

output is almost same as we had discussed here http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/toonBoomStudio/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2600;start=msg10237#msg10237 ::slight_smile:

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you want your character to look like he’s running (going faster than the walk I’m assuming) you’ll have to have less drawings. It could take about 17 frames for your character to take one step while he’s walking, but he might take 2 or 3 steps in the same amount of time while running.

Try dragging your current run keyframes closer together (maybe only 1 inbetween for each keyframe) and then loop it.

i see , u mean i have to make 2-3 cycles of character’s legs in just a collection of 17 frame for making running animatioms, its a very idea for me , i will check it , thanksalot for help :slight_smile: